Captain of the Press Office: Jakub Kowalski
Jakub Kowalski is the person responsible for correct functioning of The Tall Ships’ Races Press Office. He has a whole bunch of people in the Press Office to help him. Each person is ready to give advice on every single matter. The accredited journalists are also welcome to ask for any help from Corinne Hitching, representative of Sail Training International.
The Tall Ships’ Races Press Office will be situated in the building of Sea Academy in Wa³y Chrobrego Str, Szczecin. The Press Office rooms will be placed on the ground floor; room 19 - Briefing Room, room 30 - Press Office. The journalists will have all the appliances at their disposal: desks and computers, internet links, wireless internet connections, telephones and fax machines, press conferences rooms, coffee tables. Our hostesses will be there to help them.
Opening hours and dates
The Press Office will be working on 2 - 8 August 2007 as scheduled:
- 2 August 2007 (Thursday) - from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- 3 August 2007 (Friday) - from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- 4 August 2007 (Saturday) - from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- 5 August 2007 (Sunday) - from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- 6 August 2007 (Monday) - from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- 7 August 2007 (Tuesday) - from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- 8 August 2007 (Wednesday) - from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
In case the accompanying events of The Tall Ships’ Races last longer than planned, The Press Office may change its working hours. Outside working hours, the journalists have a special Press Office phone to call at: +48 601 394 994 (we kindly ask to use it in emergency situations).
Telephone, e-mail, www
- The official website of The Tall Ships’ Races 2007: www.szczecin2007.pl
- The Press Office e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Press Office phone number: +48 91 480 97 35
- The Press Office fax. number: +48 91 480 97 36
Admission to the Press Office rooms and the Press Boat with ID badges only. The ID Badges with photos can be collected at the Press Office from 1 August, noon. It is possible to have a photo taken at the Press office if one hasn’t sent a photo of her/his yet.
Translators and interpreters
The accredited journalists will have Press Office translators at their disposal (English, German, Russian). The translators will help them to interpret press conferences and information materials prepared by the Press Office, as well as help them with ‘one on one’ interviews.
The translators are:
- Agnieszka Kowalik: English
- Julija Slaby: Russian
- Igor Meller: German
Information and newsletters
The team of the Press Office within working hours will systematically issue press releases in print and on the Tall Ships’ Races website : www.szczecin2007.pl. The releases concern the course of the rally, including the accompanying events. On the basis of both the press releases and photo bulletin presented below, on 2 – 7 August special newsletters of the Press Office will be issued, handed out to the accredited journalists in print and electronic version. The person responsible for the information service is Rafal Sak.
The Press Office offers a photo service of the Tall Ships’ Races course, updated a few times a day, available on www.szczecin2007.pl and at the Press Office. Our partner Via Media will take care of current access to the photos of The Tall Ships’ Races 2007.
On 2 - 7 August 2007 we offer a possibility of free trips on the board of the Press Boat - Hydra. The boat can take 15 persons on board. On each trip we plan to have 10 accredited journalists and 5 Press Office photographers or Media Patrons Representatives.
The Press Boat will sail every hour according to the following rules:
- first trip at 8.00 a.m., last trip at 7.00 p.m. every day
- registration will be run by hostesses at the Press Office (including 5 persons on the reserve list)
- all the registered persons must show up at the Press Office 15 min. before the trip. They will set off to the boat from the office.
In case some hours will be very popular with journalists, embarking on the Press Boat will be held according to the following order:
- journalist and photographers (one person each) and TV crews (2 persons each) - Media Patrons representatives of The Tall Ships’ Races 2007
- photographer and copywriter - Press Office representatives
- journalists and photographers (one person each), TV crews (2 persons each), radio reporters (one person each) - representatives of local and national dailies and weeklies, national TV stations, local and national radio stations other accredited journalists and photographers The final decision concerning journalist to be embarked on the Boat will make the office Captain, Jakub Kowalski.
There is a possibility to buy additional trips (different route, after 8.00 p.m, another boat), as well as aeroplane flights. All the offers are available at the Press Office.
Press conferences and ‘one on one’ interviews
Every day the Press Office will hold press conferences with The Tall Ships’ Races organizers and sailing boats crews’ representatives. Dates and hours of the conferences will be given at the Press Office in advance. At journalists’ request conferences with chosen people will be organised. There is a possibility to arrange a ‘one on one’ interview with the support of the Office interpreters.
The Press Office will provide information about local hotels and accommodation (addresses, telephone numbers, locations, availability). The Press Office does not provide hotel blooking.